Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Well, I won't have time to pick up the guitar until Thursday at the latest, but I can certainly get back into blogging before then.

I came across some good information on how to make and keep New Year's Resolutions. Highlights from the article:

One resolution is better than many.
Set specific, measurable, realistic goals
Tell lots of people about the goals. Even blog about them. The peer pressure, especially for women, will help you stay on track.
Don't treat setbacks as failures.

So, my resolution for 2008 is to learn how to play guitar. More specifically, I will:

Practice at least twice a week
Blog at least once a week

And, as an over-arching goal, I hope to play a tune at an open mike night and not completely embarrass myself before the end of the year.

No comments: